Whether you are selling your home, or simply want to spruce it up for the holidays, curb appeal is crucial.
Once you have made your initial investment in landscaping it’s important that your gardener keep it up. I too often visit homes where the gardener is simply mowing and blowing (and if that’s all your paying for that’s fine). (Looking for a gardener recommendation? Click on my local service providers list
Here are five quick and inexpensive landscaping tips which will boost your home’s curb appeal (and value):
1) Keep it trimmed. Unruly trees and shrubs make your home appear to be poorly maintained. Don’t let overgrown landscaping hide impressive architectural details.
2) A little color can go a long way. I have a neighbor who plants red and green flowers at Christmas time.
3) Top off the flower beds. Replenish the mulch and re-edge for a crisp look. The bonus is that the mulch makes it difficult for weeds to take root.
4) Keep your lawn bright green. I have pets and don’t like to use fertilizer but there are lawn boosters which you or your gardener can apply.
5) Keep it tidy. Pick up newspapers and trash daily; rake when necessary. Keep trash cans out of sight, hoses should have a proper resting place. Address numbers and mail box should be clean.