The decision to allow prospective buyers in your home on short notice is yours. If you elect to cooperate with the showing, the following ten minute showing drill will help:
- Sound – Turn off the television, soft classical musical is fine, although some may find it distracting.
- Sight – Turn on every light in the house both day and night. During the day, every window covering should be open (unless the view is unattractive).
- Smell – Heat a pan on the stove and add a few drops of vanilla, or light scented candles.
- Kitchen – Make sure dirty dishes are out of sight.
- Bathrooms – Close toilet lids, sinks should be clean, fresh towels hung.
- Living / Family rooms – Hide clutter, magazines, newspapers, etc.
- Bedrooms – Make the beds, do not use the closet as a hiding place – try underneath the bed.
- Exterior – Keep the walkway clear, put away trashcans, bicycles and toys. Patio furniture should be inviting (remove any covers).
- Children and pets outside – and you as well! Let the Realtor© sell your home. If you are hovering, the buyer may feel uncomfortable voicing objections and their agent cannot respond to objections they are unaware of.
We understand it’s not fun keeping your home in show condition and that’s one reason our goal is to sell your home quickly. Once your home is in escrow you and your family can once again enjoy the privacy of your own home.
This content is copywrited and may be used only with a direct link to this website.