Because of this it is wise to hire a Realtor early in the process so that you obtain the most value for your money.
Some sellers opt to make improvements to their home prior to placing it on the market. A real estate agent can help you with selecting paint colors and so much more. In this instance it is crucial to have a Realtor’s opinion to avoid costly mistakes.
Ask your Realtor to provide you with two values, one selling “as is” and one selling “as repaired”. Then you can decide which works best for you.
The sooner you select and hire a Realtor, the sooner they can begin working for you. Marketing materials such as floorplans can be prepared. Preliminary title reports can be ordered and reviewed to ensure there are no mistakes or last minutes delays. And “Coming Soon” marketing can begin
HIRE AN EXPERIENCED REALTOR
A real estate agent’s job is to help you streamline the process efficiently, get the most value for your home, and reduce the amount of stress throughout the selling process. It’s extremely important that they help you decide how far you want to go in preparing your home for sale and if the pay-off is worth the time and energy.
An agent who sells your home, also known as the listing agent, should help you complete the following tasks needed to sell your home:
Responsibilities of a Listing Agent:
- Provide guidance on legal terms and requirements
- Hire a home inspector if you decide to do a pre-inspection
- Prepare your home for market
- Help you find service providers such as landscapers, movers, etc.
- Schedule professional photographs of your home
- Help you determine the listing price
- Market and promote your listing
- Find motivated and interested buyers
- Coordinate showings
- Provide guidance throughout the selling process
- Negotiate on your behalf
- Organize and submit paperwork in order to ensure a timely closing