It is wise to hire a real estate agent early in the process to obtain the most value for your money.
Some sellers opt to make improvements to their home prior to listing it for sale. A real estate agent can help you with what items to improve to get the most for your money. In this instance, it is crucial to have a real estate agent’s opinion to avoid costly mistakes.
Ask your real estate agent to provide you with two values, one selling “as is” and one selling “as repaired”. Then you can decide which works best for you.
The sooner you select and hire a real estate agent, the sooner they can begin working for you. Marketing materials such as floorplans can be done right away. Preliminary title reports can be ordered and reviewed to ensure there are no mistakes or last minutes delays. And “Coming Soon” marketing can begin.
HIRE AN EXPERIENCED REALTOR
A real estate agent’s job is to help you streamline the process efficiently, get the most value for your home, and reduce the amount of stress throughout the selling process. It’s essential that they help you decide how far you want to go in preparing your home for sale and if the payoff is worth the time and energy.
An agent who sells your home, also known as the listing agent, should help you complete the following tasks needed to sell your home:
Responsibilities of a Listing Agent:
- Provide guidance on contracts and requirements
- Hire a home inspector if you decide to do a pre-inspection
- Prepare your home for the market
- Help you find service providers such as landscapers, movers, etc.
- Schedule professional photographs of your home
- Help you determine the listing price
- Market and promote your listing
- Find motivated and interested buyers
- Coordinate showings
- Guide the selling process
- Negotiate on your behalf
- Organize and submit paperwork to ensure a timely closing